• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dental issue

Process

Bluelighter
I have major dental issues (born with weak jaw bones) I was promised treatment by my parents to get it fixed, it was going to be a 4 year thing, if I did not get it done my teeth most likely to fall out before age 30. (21) now.

My dad is a bastard and while my focus was on school and other things, i put my money towards that. He randomly said fuck u i'm not paying for the treatment, now i'm left in a very bad spot, can not pay for it (insurence would not be enough i would have to pay tons out of pocket).

What would be my best bet? This is something if I don't get done I wont be able to pursue a career relationships. Kind of hard to explaine the jaw issue its rare and its a condition that prevents normal means of dental brushing to work. My mouth is disguesting but not from a lack of oral care... (i spend hours and basicly starve my self of food because i'm paranoid my teeth will fall out ) My enamel is worn down, or prob all gone not sure.

I'm only 21 years of age )=

Very cautious and carefull applied resistance training can increase bone density. The increased muscular strength also will leave you less injury prone.

Try a dental school, their fees are reduced. Start with a full set of x rays and a comprehensive oral exam. Once they have a treatment plan, go from there. At least you'll know what needs to be done.

Most dentist offices offer payment plans. I had to have braces for eight years. While the cost of braces probably doesn't come near the cost of your treatment, my mom could not afford braces for a month, let alone for eight years--The orthodontist and her worked out a payment plan. She paid off the last bit of it about eight years after I got the braces off.

Your teeth are so important. Not just for aesthetics, but for health--You need 'em to eat more than pureed foods!

Although, there is always the option of dentures. My mom's friend had issues with her teeth and rather than have them slowly fall out one by one, she had 'em pulled and got dentures.

Last edited: